This collection of forms and explanations are intended for Texas mineral contractors and subcontractors to create and perfect liens.
The forms specifically comply with the Texas Statutes concerning contractors and subcontractor’s liens. For use in other states, it will be necessary to determine if similar statutes are available to those providing services in connection with oil and gas operations.
It is anticipated this collection of forms will be most useful to oil field service providers, and will not be commonly in use by landmen.
TEXAS OIL AND GAS LIENS PACKAGE (LEGACY-11)
TEXAS PROPERTY CODE CHAPTER 56 PROVISIONS
Q&A’S ABOUT A STATUTORY LIEN ON TEXAS MINERAL PROPERTY, AND PRACTICAL SUGGESTIONS
MINERAL CONTRACTOR’S LIEN
- Mineral Contractor’s Affidavit of Lien Claim Against Mineral Property (Short Form)
- Mineral Contractor’s Affidavit for Lien Against Mineral Property (Short Form)
- Mineral Contractor’s Lien on Mineral Property (With Supporting Statement and Affidavit)
(Long Form – Includes Claim as Subcontractor)
MINERAL SUBCONTRACTOR’S LIEN
- Subcontractor’s Affidavit
(For lien against Mineral Property pursuant to Texas Property Code §56.022(b))
- Mineral Subcontractor’s Affidavit for Lien Against Mineral Property
- Notice by Mineral Subcontractor to Property Owner
- Letter of Explanation to Landowners
(To accompany Notice by Mineral Subcontractor to Property Owner)
RELEASE OF LIEN
Release of Lien Claim